In Facebook, you have the facility to insert links in two different ways.
One is by inserting the URL of a web page directly into the post or the text where you want to give the information with the use of a URL. And second way is by using "@" tags.
The using of "@" tags with the name will link to the profile of the Facebook user informing him or her about you mentioning in your status update.
If you want to insert a URL of the web page then:
- Copy the URL of the web page
- Select the text box in Facebook where you want to place either status update box or chat window or comment box
- Paste the URL
- The link will appear with some small description and image
- Just type "@" and start typing the first letter of the person's name, the list of profiles will be displayed.
- Select from the list, whom you want to tag.